Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24
Duration: Full time (9am until 5.30pm, one hour for lunch)
Salary: Commensurate with experience
As an established digital agency with an international client base, we have an exciting opportunity for a Social Media Strategist to join our creative team. This is a challenging role requiring you to develop and implement a comprehensive social media strategy for the company to increase our web traffic, raise brand awareness and drive sales. The strategy will be aligned to our marketing and business plans respectively.
As a Social Media Strategist, you should have excellent multi-tasking skills to enable you to manage our social media accounts in a cohesive way. You will also have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to demonstrate the ability to be organised and structured in the way that you work. You will be expected to contribute to team meetings and to engage with the team in order to keep them up-to-date on company social media activity, and to also pool their knowledge with respect to creating stories/blogs.
Once the company’s social media strategy has been implemented, you will also be expected to work with clients to help create social media strategies inline with their business aims and objectives.
- Design strategic social media strategies to achieve marketing targets
- Manage, create and publish original, high quality content inline with strategic objectives, ie drive quality traffic to website and convert to enquiries
- Administer all company social media accounts ensuring up-to-date content
- Manage the social media calendar and adhere to sign-off procedure
- Laisie with the design team with regard to visuals required to accompany postings
- Work with the team to create social ‘buzz’ around product/service launches and new stories
- Write copy for blog posts and create social media strategy to accompany posting
- Facilitate client/company communication (respond to social media queries, obtain reviews, carry out interviews)
- Monitor SEO and user engagement and suggest content optimization
- Prepare weekly and monthly analytics reports on web traffic and social media platform activity and ROI
- Communicate with industry professionals via social media to create a strong network and to help to develop Thought Leadership
- Train clients in how to use social media channels as and when required
- Stay up-to-date with new digital and social media best practice
- BSc degree in Marketing or relevant field
- Proven work experience as a Social Media Strategist or Social Media Manager
- Hands-on experience using social media to build brand awareness
- A solid understanding of creating content that is ‘strategic’ and aimed at delivering sales leads through driving quality traffic to the company website
- Experience of planning and managing social media calendars
- Experience of writing blogs and be able to demonstrate technical requirements of blog writing
- Understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Excellent multi-tasking and organisational abilities
- Excellent strategic awareness of building brand awareness
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com. Applications will be treated in strict confidence.
Job type: Permanent
Please note: No agencies please